maximum ipv4 bgp prefix length of /24 ?

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Thu Oct 12 23:20:27 UTC 2023

> On 13 Oct 2023, at 08:31, scott <surfer at mauigateway.com> wrote:
>

> On 10/11/23 7:47 PM, Mark Andrews wrote:
>> Virtually no home network on the planet has fully functional IPv4 available to it.
>

> Hawaiian Telcom customers have it.  No blocks at all.

So they don’t use NAT?  The internet is a peer-to-peer network.  NAT breaks that.

But I can’t reach IPv6 devices on the Internet from my IPv4 device without a transition box is no
different to I can’t reach IPv4 devices on the Internet from my IPv4 device because PNAT *is* a
transition device.  It’s a bogus complaint and I’m calling it out.

--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742              INTERNET: marka at isc.org