Aptum refuses to SWIP

Forrest Christian (List Account) lists at packetflux.com
Sat May 6 08:42:48 UTC 2023

So as another list member pointed out, they MAY have an obligation to do
the swip, depends on the details of the parent address allocation origin
and what their contractual relationship with the registrar is.  Assuming
modern direct allocations from ARIN, this is almost certainly the case.

Just a couple of workaround thoughts:

For the immediate concern will aptum provide you a LoA and would Amazon
accept this instead of the rwhois entries?

I'm also wondering if this might be a "no one that has got the request
actually has a clue how to resolve your issues"  issue.   I've seen
situations where companies don't know how to respond to a request outside
the most common requests they get.  Sometimes some enterprising employee
will also totally misunderstand your request and do stupid things like do
exactly opposite what you want them to do like remove correct information
in an effort to "fix the incorrect info".   And sometimes employees convey
"we don't have a clue" as "we don't do that".

Have you tried any other backchannels other than NANOG?  Like peeringdb
contacts (if you have access) or maybe through linkedin or something like
that?  Or threaten to change providers at the earliest possible moment?