Aptum refuses to SWIP

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Fri May 5 18:03:13 UTC 2023

On Fri, May 5, 2023 at 10:04 AM Lyndon Nerenberg (VE7TFX/VE6BBM)
<lyndon at orthanc.ca> wrote:
> But the last time I looked, it's also ARIN's policy to require ISPs
> (which Aptum is) to SWIP addresses in order to justify future requests
> for address space.  I'm curious what will happen the next time they
> ask for additional ip6 allocations.  Or maybe they have no growth
> plans?

If you believe they're committing fraud with respect to their
community responsibilities vis a vis SWIP, and refusing to SWIP even
upon customer request looks fraudish to me, ARIN has a reporting
process:

https://www.arin.net/reference/tools/fraud_report/
https://account.arin.net/public/fraud

It won't quickly fix your practical problem but it might give you some
moral satisfaction.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--