eBay is looking for network heavies...

Jeroen van Aart jeroen at mompl.net
Tue Jun 9 01:31:25 UTC 2015

On 06/08/2015 06:22 PM, Scott Weeks wrote:

> --- Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu wrote:
> On Mon, 08 Jun 2015 17:10:25 -0700, Jeroen van Aart said:
>
>> You sort of nailed it though. I think ready knowledge
>> about the internals of utilities such as traceroute
>> or ping is nice to have, however if you don't know
>
> Describe the top 3 gotchas of using traceroute to
> diagnose network problems. :)
>
> That's something you're not likely to look up if you're
> in the middle of a connectivity event....

Yes, but it's different to knowing stuff by heart that you can just
research. Note that I do not mention any specific search tool, I barely
even use the largest search engines.

The "top 3 gotchas of using traceroute" is something I would expect to
be part of basic skills that someone with at least mid level knowledge
in the field would possess. But how exactly traceroute does its thing is
something I personally like to read about but not remember word for word.

Greetings,
Jeroen

--
Earthquake Magnitude: 5.2