Ars Technica on IPv4 exhaustion

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Thu Jun 19 18:35:55 UTC 2014

On Jun 19, 2014, at 11:27 AM, Brian Hartsfield <bh at tronstar.com> wrote:

> ...  While it isn't the end of the world when ARIN runs out, it is still significant
> and I personally think that moment is going to be what starts to spur more CIOs to
> start asking questions about IPv6 and if their organization is ready (and the answer
> likely being no)

Brian -

  Any suggestions on how ARIN should reach those CIO's in the meantime?
  (so as to reduce the number who experience such surprise)  We've done
  some attempts at outreach to that community, and have advice from PR
  firms, etc., but I'm interested in a more "real world" perspective on
  getting their attention before we hit the wall...

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO