Ars Technica on IPv4 exhaustion

Lee Howard Lee at asgard.org
Thu Jun 19 17:34:24 UTC 2014

From:  Brian Hartsfield <bh at tronstar.com>
Date:  Thursday, June 19, 2014 11:27 AM
To:  Lee Howard <Lee at asgard.org>
Cc:  Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com>, Wesley George
<Wesley.George at twcable.com>, "nanog at nanog.org" <nanog at nanog.org>
Subject:  Re: Ars Technica on IPv4 exhaustion

> For consumers I think I would phrase it more as the "next generation internet"
> and you need IPv6 in order to be able to connect to it and that eventually
> some sites you want to connect to may not be accessible over the current
> internet. Something like that.

Ah, it's running Internet-As-A-Service in the Cloud using a Client-Server
architecture with time sharing.  There's nothing there but buzzwords.

First figure out what consumers actually get for it.  Only after you know
why they want it can you then figure out how to market it.  Generally what
you're looking for is "good, fast, cheap," only more so than IPv4.

Lee