Backup DC power standardization with Photovoltiac battery systems?

Mark Tinka mark at tinka.africa
Wed Apr 19 14:09:02 UTC 2023

On 4/18/23 08:41, Sean Donelan wrote:

> I'd prefer broadband CPE (UL listed) with a standardized backup power
> connector (doesn't exist, but I can dream).

Out here, most people use this to keep CPE going when the power is out:

https://www.takealot.com/gizzu-8800mah-mini-ups-dual-dc/PLID71930088?gclid=CjwKCAjwov6hBhBsEiwAvrvN6Bwdu_8uBXMXa8pC475Hd6H4Aa_fUyYeDkYg13Q-j6tkjWCGHqAFYBoC26UQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Nice, compact, neat package that is portable and will give reasonable
backup time when needed.

For CO or data centre applications, most gear should be good for 48V. If
it's lower than that and you have a ton of them, you are probably better
off with a protected AC source.

Mark.