any dangers of filtering every /24 on full internet table to preserve FIB space ?

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Sun Oct 16 21:08:46 UTC 2022

This situation isn’t helped by RIR policies that require you to announce the aggregate in region even if the more specifics are scattered around the world.

The whole territorial exclusivity game played by some RIRs may well cause more harm than good at this point.

Yes, I realize this is a reversal of my previous views on the subject. I’m becoming more aware of more circumstances in which this idea is fraught and causing problems for legitimate users more than for policy forum shoppers and leasing companies.

Owen