Court orders for blocking of streaming services

Masataka Ohta mohta at necom830.hpcl.titech.ac.jp
Sun May 8 08:21:28 UTC 2022

John Levine wrote:

> I agree that the rest of the language demanding that every ISP,
> hosting provider, credit union, bank, and presumably nail salon and
> coin laundry in the US stop serving the defendants is nuts.

As the order is to those "having actual knowledge of this Default
Judgment and Permanent Injunction Order", according to DMCA, that
should be a reasonable order for hosting providers of illegal
contents but not for transit ISPs.

In addition, it seems to me that name server operators "having
actual knowledge" that some domain names are used for copyright
infringements are not be protected by DMCA.

						Masataka Ohta