MAP-T

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Sun Mar 27 10:23:17 UTC 2022

Bjørn Mork wrote on 27/03/2022 10:42:
> Yes, for traditional mobile (i.e handsets) the picture is completely
> different.  Same view shows an average of 85% IPv6 on mobile access:
> https://munin.fud.no/vg.no/www.vg.no/vg_ds_telenor_mobil.html

from the point of view of cgnat scaling, a more useful figure would be
the number of ipv6 "sessions" vs natted ipv4 sessions.  It's well
established that many of the highest volume traffic sources on the
internet are ipv6 enabled, but the long tail is definitely not.  I.e.
throughput is not necessarily a useful data point for substantiating
many of the claims that are made here and elsewhere about ipv6 popularity.

Nick