Bufferbloat and the pandemic was: V6 still not supported

Michael Thomas mike at mtcc.com
Wed Mar 23 19:40:04 UTC 2022

On 3/23/22 12:21 PM, james.cutler at consultant.com wrote:
> I suggest that it may be more important to deploy solutions to
> BufferBloat, to the benefit of both IPv4 and IPv6 since it will
> improve the user experience, than to try to extend IPv4 lifetime, an
> effort with diminishing returns.

Given the tremendous growth of video conferencing  which strains the
upstream, I wonder how many calls ISP's are getting because the
"internet is slow" which is attributable to bufferbloat. Is there really
anything that ISP can do if they don't supply the ÇPE? What percentage
of providers do supply the CPE in the form of cable and dsl modems, etc,
that they could solve the problem with a swap out?

Mike