V6 still not supported

Tom Beecher beecher at beecher.cc
Thu Mar 10 15:20:07 UTC 2022

I would like to ask an earnest question here, because I work in an
environment where IPv6 has been deployed for more than a decade, and it's
just automatically part of things we do and have to solve for, so I will
openly admit my perspective can be warped. I am truly curious about what
the perceived blockers are for you, and others with the same perspective.

You appear to run a residential ISP. There are essentially 3 things you
would have to do to deploy IPv6.

1. CPE would need to support it.
2. Your network infrastructure would have to support it.
3. Subscriber services ( DHCP / DNS / IPAM ) would have to support it.

Putting aside the 'zero value' idea, if you were to decide to take steps
today , what are your blockers?