Ukraine request yikes

Bruce H McIntosh bhm at ufl.edu
Wed Mar 2 16:42:25 UTC 2022

On 3/2/22 10:54, Matt Hoppes wrote:
> [External Email]
>
> Information sharing should increase on the ATTACKED side... it should
> DECREASE and be cut off on the non-provoked attacker's side.

Trouble is, that leads to two deleterious effects in this case:
1) The rest of the world is left with just the Putin Gov't's word on what's going on *in* Russia
2) The Russian people are left with just the Putin Gov't's word on what's going on *elsewhere*

> Information sharing should increase during wartime, not decrease.
>
> Restricting information is more often the playbook of authoritarian
> regimes, and not something we should generally support.

THIS.

Bruce H. McIntosh
Network Engineer II
University of Florida Information Technology
bhm at ufl.edu
352-273-1066