Aftermarket switches that were manufactured in any sort of quantity?

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Thu Jun 9 18:39:34 UTC 2022

On Thu, 9 Jun 2022 at 21:21, Eric Kuhnke <eric.kuhnke at gmail.com> wrote:

> To paraphrase someone else, I would highly recommend that all my competition use Fiberstore switches. This is based on direct experience with them.

Of course you're not telling anything at all here. I know plenty of
very happy fs customers, and plenty of disappointed. And you can
replace fs with anything at all, and it remains true. Nothing of value
was said.

Very few have statistically useful experience to share just about
anything, just anecdotes, and every single company regularly has poor
customer interactions. We regularly extrapolate a lot of information
from a single anecdote. This is like old men discussing in petrol
station which car brands are great and which suck, which is always
near 0 signal information, if you start to apply any type of formality
to it, like start looking at MOT statistics, you will find, yeah maybe
there are some signals, maybe Toyota is good, but at the same time you
will notice, well I can pick really bad Toyota, if I pick specific
model + model year (next or previous model year of same model might be
again great).

I have more respect for your competitors' ability to procure than this.

--
  ++ytti