What do you think about the "cloudification" of mobile?

Jay Hennigan jay at west.net
Wed Jan 26 00:45:30 UTC 2022

On 1/25/22 11:44, Matthew Petach wrote:

> Which is pretty much what Xfinity is already offering
> to their subscribers; use your xfinity login to get onto
> the wifi access points of other xfinity users all around
> the country, relatively seamlessly.

Which is a major hassle if you have your own APs and just want^H^H^H^H
have no practical choice other than to use their Internet, as their CPE
includes a radio that does nothing for you and that you can't turn off.

I had to escalate through many layers of "support" to get to someone who
could disable their enabled-by-default interference and noise generator
after threatening to open up the box and cut the appropriate trace.

Jay Hennigan - jay at west.net
Network Engineering - CCIE #7880
503 897-8550 - WB6RDV