SOHO IPv6 switches

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Tue Jan 18 13:11:33 UTC 2022

On Tue, 18 Jan 2022, Sean Donelan wrote:

> What's the goto SOHO-class switch for IPv6?

Zyxel/Netgear/TP-Link all have switches in the 100-200USD range that can
do some basic stuff (filter on ethertype, some DHCPv6/RA inspection, SNMP
polling via IPv6 etc).

I was surprised by what I found (and this was 5-8 years ago), but I never
went all-in on testing all of this, but looking at the feature set it
actually seemed like they tried to support BCP38/SAVI, so I imagine some
of these switches are actually used by ISPs as ETTH equipment.

https://www.tp-link.com/us/business-networking/managed-switch/tl-sg3428/v2/

"IPv6 functions such as Dual IPv4/IPv6 Stack, MLD Snooping, IPv6 ACL,
DHCPv6 Snooping..."

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se