SRv6 Capable NOS and Devices

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Sun Jan 16 07:51:32 UTC 2022

On Sat, 15 Jan 2022 at 19:22, Colton Conor <colton.conor at gmail.com> wrote:

> True, but in general MPLS is more costly. It's available on limited
> devices, from limited vendors. Infact, many of these vendors, like
> Extreme, charge you if you want to enable MPLS features on a box

Marketing, not fundamentals. DC people are driving demand for VXLAN
and SRv6, because they assume MPLS is something scary and complex. So
vendors implement something scary and complex to appease DC people.
I'm sure in some years to the future, DC people will re-invent MPLS to
simplify their stack.

--
  ++ytti