SRv6 Capable NOS and Devices

Jeff Tantsura jefftant.ietf at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 21:19:15 UTC 2022

Plane IP underlay works real well, I’m yet to see tangible proof of TE in DC (outside of niche HPC/IB cases).
SR in DC - with overlay starting on the host SR-MPLSoUDP(RFC8663) is a perfect representation of a working technology that works in IP environment as well as allows end2end programming for MPLS WAN/DCI.
Here’s an example of end2end architecture that works really well - https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bookham-rtgwg-nfix-arch/

Geneve (there are some quirks as you get into implementing it) is another example of a well designed overlay encap.

Cheers,
Jeff