home router battery backup

Mark Tinka mark at tinka.africa
Thu Jan 13 05:58:08 UTC 2022

On 1/13/22 04:02, Mike Hammett wrote:

> Armchair quarterbacking here:
>
> Increasing
> ---
> Demand
> Age of infrastructure
> Capital Costs
> Operational Costs
> Government mismanagement

Pressure from the tree huggers to lower carbon output that results from
"traditional" power generation, and yet nobody wants to reduce their own
demand for power.

I'm all for renewables, but at micro scale.

Renewables at grid scale, without a corresponding shift in demand
habits, is a little naive, I think.

It's nice to say that power companies must go all renewables, when, as a
consumer, you want to keep flipping switches like you did in the coal
days. I just don't see it as a reality, when it comes down to it.

Mark.