Authoritative Resources for Public DNS Pinging

Tom Beecher beecher at beecher.cc
Fri Feb 11 15:10:36 UTC 2022

> I am disappointed but not surprised to see this discussion on NANOG.
> Encouraging Users to use a tool (that is often ignored by the hardware
> targeted) by providing a non-revenue-creating special target does not make
> business sense.

To be fair, I don't think this is unique to this community. Plenty of
conversations on the IETF lists that are fundamentally the same. (
Proposals to change X or implement standard Y to solve something that is
already solvable with current tech and standards. ) Really it's just the
complexity of the existing solution that's different. :)