McAfee Net Guard lookup? (was Re: Spectrum (California) and Xlorenet (Ontario) blocking web access to single /32 here)

Mark E. Jeftovic markjr at easydns.com
Fri Dec 16 14:57:52 UTC 2022

Thanks to those who responded offline.

The problem appears to be McAfee Net Guard which when disabled, allows
access to the sites

https://sitelookup.mcafee.com/

When I check McAfee's lookup tool, the websites either show as "Minimal
Risk" or "Unverified".

Does anybody know if Net Guard actually /blocks /on "unverified" or if
there some other threat feed that it uses that isn't listed on McAfee's
lookup tool?

- mark