email spam

Mukund Sivaraman muks at mukund.org
Wed Aug 24 06:41:48 UTC 2022

On Tue, Aug 23, 2022 at 10:50:22PM -0700, Jay Hennigan wrote:
> On 8/23/22 18:33, William Herrin wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > To folks at places like Google and Godaddy which have gotten, shall we
> > say, overzealous about preventing spam from entering their systems,
>
> Sigh. They are substantially less zealous about preventing spam from leaving
> their systems.

+1 on the observation. @gmail.com addresses constitute the largest
number of spam rejections on our office MX. These have passed SPF and
DKIM validation.

Would Google not be able to scan outgoing emails for spam activity?  Our
MX's SpamAssassin spam filter is able to detect most of them by
content. Is Google unable to do better than what they currently do for
outgoing email?

(It is understandable some don't like spam filtering at all. But
practically, if all these spam emails were delivered, email would become
almost unusable.)

		Mukund