IERS ponders reverse leapsecond...

Forrest Christian (List Account) lists at packetflux.com
Thu Aug 4 00:54:59 UTC 2022

Personally I'd like to see the UTC timescale be fixed to the TAI timescale
with a fixed offset determined by whatever the offset is when they make the
change.

Or stated as a different solution with the same result:  quit
adding/removing seconds from the TAI to UTC offset.

At the same time, those that rely on UTC being closely related to the
historical astronomical meaning of time being related to the rotation of
the earth can either move to UT1 (which is in theory more accurate for this
purpose), or continue the procedure that is currently used by UTC to create
a newly named timescale.