Frontier Dark Fiber

Brandon Martin lists.nanog at monmotha.net
Wed Aug 3 16:52:43 UTC 2022

On 8/3/22 11:16, Jay Ashworth wrote:
> I wouldn't have thought that Frontier was able to offer dark fiber,
> since air distribution fan out is all GPON, is it not?
>
> If their fanout was active ethernet it might be a different story but...

They have access to/control of a large amount of mid-mile and long-haul
fiber built by/as GTE and Verizon.  Additionally, while their resi/soho
distribution is all PON, they do have some excess fiber fairly deep into
their network in most markets and actively offer active-E service on it
for the right price (it can even occasionally be competitive).  I
imagine they'd sell dark for the right price as well, though you may not
like that "right" price.
--
Brandon Martin
Mothic Technologies