how networking happens in Hawaii

scott surfer at mauigateway.com
Sat Apr 30 23:08:30 UTC 2022

On 4/30/2022 12:19 PM, Randy Bush wrote:
>> This reads a lot like dsl wars between ilecs and clecs in the late 90s and
>> early 2ks.
>
> compounded by a 100+ year old military occupation
Hee is definitely acting in an old school (meaning 60s/70s) Hawaii
manner... ;)

Also, for the others here...on the occupation.  I haven't read this
particular article, but I'm sure it covers the basics. The main question
is 'was it a nation when the US gov't overthrew Hawaii or was it a group
of individual kingdoms?'  Many get that wrong and that's what matters to
international courts on the current issue of Hawaiian sovereignty.  For
sure, it was a nation due to a forced treaty agreement with Kaumuali`i.
  The rest of the individual island kingdoms were conquered with
violence by Kamehameha who then created a lahui..a nation.  Therefore,
it is a military occupation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overthrow_of_the_Hawaiian_Kingdom

scott

well, that does it for the history lesson. ;-)