FCC to Consider New Rules to Combat International Scam Robocalls

Keith Medcalf kmedcalf at dessus.com
Thu Apr 28 01:39:32 UTC 2022

>With AT&T and perhaps others, you can forward the message to 7726
>(spells SPAM on the keypad) and they'll reply asking for the originating
>phone number or email address.

This is, of course, the root of the problem.  The recipient of the spam does not know either the originating phone number or the originating e-mail address.  All they know is the Advertizing ID -- and that is useless for everything except what it was designed for -- advertizing.

If one knew the originating phone number then one would know who to hunt down and which throat to slit from ear to ear, and there would be no need to involve AT&T at all... This, and the fact that the Telco's get bloody rich from providing termination for all the crap they have enabled is exactly the reason they did it in the first place!

--
(CAUTION) You are advised that if you attack my person or property, you will be put down in accordance with the provisions of section 34 & 35 of the Criminal Code respectively.  If you are brandishing (or in possession) of a weapon then lethal force will be applied to your person in accordance with the law.  This means that your misadventures may end in your death.  Consider yourself cautioned and govern your actions appropriately.