FCC to Consider New Rules to Combat International Scam Robocalls

Abraham Y. Chen aychen at avinta.com
Thu Apr 28 02:19:29 UTC 2022

Hi, Keith:

The root cause of phone spam is because Caller-ID service was first
deteriorated by a marketing gimmick that enabled the spoofing of the
Caller-ID. Combined with eMail spam techniques, VoIP operations have now
become out of hand. Below is an overview of these annoyances. This is a
topic that I am not sure whether NANOG is the proper forum to deal with.
Although, certain parameters and considerations are closely related to
the Internet issues.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caller_ID_spoofing

Abe (2022-04-27 22:17)