Any sign of supply chain returning to normal?

Ryan Wilkins ryan at deadfrog.net
Fri Apr 22 13:21:05 UTC 2022

A company I work for designs a lot of our own hardware and we’ve had a number of critical components go EOL suddenly and without warning, such as FPGAs, ADCs, clock generators, and SOMs just to name a few.  Just a few weeks ago we were informed that a large order of FPGAs was not going to be filled at all and the order was cancelled.  Of the parts that aren’t EOL (yet), many have 52-week lead times which is just a place holder for “we have no idea when we’ll get these” and not an actual delivery estimate.  Older product lines and lower volume product lines are being cancelled.  We had an ADC go EOL because the only factory in Japan making this part burned down so not necessarily related to what we think of as supply chain issues, but it is of a different sort.