uPRF strict more

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Wed Sep 29 06:03:40 UTC 2021

Vast majority of access ports are stubby, with no multihoming or
redundancy. And uRPF strict is indeed used often here, but answer very
rarely if ever applies for non-stubby port.

Having said that, I'm not convinced anyone should use uRPF at all.
Because you should already know what IP addresses are possible behind
the port, if you do, you can do ACL, and ACL is significantly lower
cost in PPS in a typical modern lookup engine.

--
  ++ytti