Fiber Network Equipment Commercial Norms

Tim Howe tim.h at bendtel.com
Wed Sep 22 22:33:12 UTC 2021

On Wed, 22 Sep 2021 14:47:32 -0500
<jray06 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Whatever it is, the owner comes running when the local maintenance
> apprentice unplugs it…. He tells me they show up within 30-45 minutes.

	We've attempted to address this problem by having plastic tags
on the power cords that basically say "don't unplug me!".  I call them
"no no tags".  They were about $1.25 per to have them printed; they are
about 7 x 3 inches.  I think our only issue has been an "IT Guy" who
thought unplugging everything in the room would be a good first step to
solving his unrelated network problems.

--TimH