The great Netflix vpn debacle! (geofeeds)

Matthew Huff mhuff at ox.com
Wed Sep 1 18:49:31 UTC 2021

IPv6 tunnels work great for network geeks, but rather poorly for home users with streaming, gaming etc...It's not necessarily the performance, it's either the geolocation, latency, or the very issue that started this thread - VPN banning.

Remember, the streaming services couldn't care less about geolocation or VPN banning, it's the contractual obligations with the content providers. The content providers care about vpn banning because it gets around geolocation, which interferes with their business models (different release schedules to different regions, etc..)

Been there, done that...Stuck on Fios with no IPv6. Ran into rather "interesting" problems with various streaming services with IPv6 configured.

Matthew Huff | Director of Technical Operations | OTA Management LLC

Office: 914-460-4039
mhuff at ox.com | www.ox.com