[External] Re: Anyone else getting the 'spam' bomb threat?

Radu-Adrian Feurdean nanog at radu-adrian.feurdean.net
Wed Oct 20 13:15:24 UTC 2021

On Tue, Oct 19, 2021, at 16:00, Hunter Fuller via NANOG wrote:
> We have a distinct abuse address (not just abuse@) and that is where
> the messages were sent.
>
> We didn't receive the bomb threat ones. We only received the (somewhat
> more amusing) messages entitled "Your network has been PWNED" and
> "Fuck you".

Hi,

We got the same here at France-IX. It was on friday 15th. Hopefully, they "PWNED" all our Cisco and Mikrotik routers (of which we have none).

> The situation loses its humor entirely with the introduction of bomb
> threats. Seems like a script kiddie taking things way too far.

I heard that yesterday (19th) evening there was law enforcement deployment and evacuation in the area of a major Paris (FR, EU) telco hotel, apparently due to "threats to a business in the area". Details (popcorn) on FrNOG (in french) : https://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/msg67540.html