S.Korea broadband firm sues Netflix after traffic surge

Blake Hudson blake at ispn.net
Fri Oct 1 18:37:43 UTC 2021

I wasn't aware of that, but I think that's perfect! And completely
reasonable on Netflix (or any content provider's part).

I'm sure Verizon's wordsmiths would argue that the "crowding" happened
upstream of the Verizon network, but if stated another way (like "the
paths into Verizon's network are full") anyone can see that this is an
issue that Verizon made and only Verizon could solve. Netflix isn't, and
shouldn't be, responsible for runing Verizon's network. Only Verizon
runs the Verizon network, and it's up to Verizon to deliver the service
they advertise and sell to consumers: "America's most reliable network"
(TM).