Latency/Packet Loss on ASR1006

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Sat Nov 27 11:38:25 UTC 2021

On Sat, 27 Nov 2021 at 13:32, Tony Wicks <tony at wicks.co.nz> wrote:

> I mean a router without ASIC based forwarding like a Juniper MX or Nokia 7750. The advantage of the 1k is you don't need a services card for cgnat, but the large disadvantage is everything passes through the ESP processor and this often leads to disappointing results under load.

I think ASR1k NPU perfect analog for Juniper MX Trio or Nokia 7750 FP,
I think these all fall in very common description of an NPU. We could
dive deep and explain why 7750 and MX are vastly different, in
decision of doing many small or few large cores, but ultimately they
easily fall under NPU definition.

--
  ++ytti