Redeploying most of 127/8, 0/8, 240/4 and *.0 as unicast

Joe Maimon jmaimon at jmaimon.com
Sun Nov 21 02:24:06 UTC 2021

Tom Beecher wrote:

> The biggest impediment to IPv6 adoption is that too many people invest
> too much time and resources in finding ways to squeeze more blood from
> the IPv4 stone.

Reverse that. IPv6 has impediments to adoption, which is why more time
and resources are being spent to keep IPv4 usable until those
impediments can be overcome.

> IPv6 isn't perfect. That's not an excuse to ignore it and invest the
> limited resources we have into Yet Another IPv4 Zombification Effort.

As noted earlier, False Dilemma

Even worse, your thinking presupposes a finite amount of people-effort
resources that must be properly managed by those superior in some
fashion with more correct thinking.

I hope you can see when focused in that fashion all that is wrong with
that viewpoint.

Joe