Comcast RPKI origin validation

Tony Tauber ttauber at 1-4-5.net
Thu May 20 18:34:34 UTC 2021

Last week we at Comcast reached some substantial milestones in our RPKI
rollout (validation on inter-provider sessions, ROAs for our address-space).

Jason Livingood and I collaborated on a blog post, FWIW.

https://corporate.comcast.com/stories/improved-bgp-routing-security-adds-another-layer-of-protection-to-network

Please forgive the somewhat less-technical public-facing verbiage.

Thanks for all the support of people inside Comcast, particularly Courtney
Smith, and also folks in the community on this long journey.

(We have lots of address space spread over more than 20 regional networks
as well as our Backbone network which made the ROA part a bit complicated.
I issued over 9k ROAs or about a quarter of ARINs total.)

Cheers,
Tony

https://rpki.cloudflare.com/?ohlcTa=ARIN&ohlcDate=18723&view=statistics&prefix=67.160.156.52%2F32&prefixMatch=lspec
[image: image.png]