FCC accelerates STIR/SHAKEN deadlines

Sean Donelan sean at donelan.com
Thu May 20 19:29:00 UTC 2021

On Thu, 20 May 2021, goemon at anime.net wrote:
>> Shockingly (I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here)
>> the commission found a subset of small voice service providers appear to be
>> originating a large and increasing quantity of illegal robocalls.
>
> so they are illegal, then precisely what enforcement is currently being done
> by the FCC?

The FCC writes sternly worded letters.

FCC Demands Two Companies Cease-and-Desist Illegal Robocall Campaigns
These Are the Third Tranche of Enforcement Bureau Cease and Desist Letters

https://www.fcc.gov/document/fcc-demands-two-companies-cease-and-desist-illegal-robocall-campaigns

FCC Issues Robocall Cease-And-Desist Letters to Six Voice Providers
https://www.fcc.gov/document/fcc-issues-robocall-cease-and-desist-letters-six-voice-providers