Perhaps it's time to think about enhancements to the NANOG list...?

scott surfer at mauigateway.com
Mon Mar 22 21:55:07 UTC 2021

On 3/22/2021 11:43 AM, Edward McNair wrote:
> Our mailing list is a clear indication that size does not fit all.

Could you elaborate on that?  This assumes everyone agrees with the
statement.  I don't think that is the case.  It is certainly not the
case for me.  I know how to filter out subjects I don't want to read.
It is easy.

What happens if Discourse get bought or goes out of business?

scott

Just a few yuck things:

"Let the community suppress spam and dangerous content, and amicably
resolve disputes." (that would never be misused to suppress something
the community moderators don't like...never...)

"When someone quotes your post, we’ll notify you. When someone mentions
your @name, we’ll notify you. When someone replies to your post… well,
you get the idea. And if you’re not around, we’ll email you, too." (WTF?)

"Encourage positive community behaviors through the included set of
badges"  (ohhh, I want a shiny badge!)

"Discourse was designed for high resolution touch devices..."