Perhaps it's time to think about enhancements to the NANOG list...?

Eric Kuhnke eric.kuhnke at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 00:04:55 UTC 2021

In my opinion we have two very different types of 'contact me off list'
things going on here.

We have commercial solicitations and people looking to make contacts for
buying transport circuits, capacity, etc.

And then on the other hand we have 'contact me off list' asks related to
network operational issues, when the subject pertains to what's going on
inside a particular AS, or in some peering or traffic routing problem. Not
everybody wants their own or their peer's dirty laundry aired in public if
something is broken or misconfigured in their relationship to the rest of
the global routing table. And particularly not in a context where it will
go in a public archive forever.