Beta Starlink with a slight tree obstruction vs degraded DOCSIS3 last mile

Eric Kuhnke eric.kuhnke at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 18:30:36 UTC 2021

Although I did not provide screenshots to the 40 other widely varied
destinations that smokeping system is set up to poll, all of them show
similar 2-3% loss results as to the voip.ms server in Seattle. Additionally
TCP is also dropping packets on the floor. And of course anything UDP is
affected to the point that it's noticeable in voice/video.

This is not a case of the cable ISP introducing some ICMP rate limiting
packet eater but a general degradation for everything.