Re Parler

Mel Beckman mel at beckman.org
Thu Jan 14 22:05:20 UTC 2021

John,

What’s your point? Are you saying that it’s OK for an ISP to break antitrust laws for a political cause? To bring this discussion back into the realm of operational discussions, shouldn’t we be building infrastructure that has the audit and change management components needed to detect ill-advised actions like Amazon’s?

I recently read that Theranos IT conveniently “lost the keys” to the encrypted database files that are key evidence in the DOJ’s fraud case against them. Clearly there is an ethical case for us as technologists to treat these events in a non-partisan way. The days of “I was just following orders” are long gone.

 -mel