Texas internet connectivity declining due to blackouts

Brandon Svec bsvec at teamonesolutions.com
Mon Feb 22 19:38:34 UTC 2021

OK, I looked closer.  I see it is a self titled opinion piece so there is
that.  Next, I see all the links in the article go to questionable sites
(not .edu or scientific organizations, etc.)  except one cherry picked NOAA
stat for a single event type for a single year.  Last, the writer is the
president of a right wing anti science lobbying group called "Spark of
Freedom" funded by Exxon Mobil.

Look, I and most everyone on this list are not qualified, experienced
climate scientists.  However, I think when you are not an expert you should
respect and believe what experts say as a group.  Picking outliers and
sharing opinions of obviously unqualified and biased people is
reprehensible and dishonest as far as I am concerned.

If you truly believe the scientific consensus around climate change is
wrong you are going to have to do a lot more than share links.  You will
have to do science and prove it.

Best.