Reminder: Never connect a generator to home wiring without transfer switch

Forrest Christian (List Account) lists at packetflux.com
Tue Aug 31 10:26:36 UTC 2021

Yes.   Or any other furnace where the electricity is only used for
circulation of the heat.  Gas fired Hot water furnaces would be another
example where there is minimal electricity used to run the furnace controls
and circulate the hot water.

All of these run on 120V and usually well under 15A.

It's silly that you are prohibited by code from installing a dedicated plug
and socket for these.