netflow in the core used for surveillance

scott surfer at mauigateway.com
Wed Aug 25 12:08:04 UTC 2021

On Wed, Aug 25, 2021 at 6:15 PM Randy Bush <randy at psg.com
<mailto:randy at psg.com>> wrote:

https://www.vice.com/en/article/jg84yy/data-brokers-netflow-data-team-cymru

used to get dissidents, activists, and journos killed

at&t, comcast, ... zayo, please tell us you do not do this.

After the SF room thing a decade ago (or whatever timeframe it was) we
have to know AT&T is doing it.

On 8/25/21 11:01 PM, jim deleskie wrote:
> :: I think letting any of those people think ToR is safe as being a
> much bigger risk.

Especially since ToR was developed by the US Navy to support spying
operations.

> :: ...Team Cymru...and believe them to be the good guys,

Agreed and I have thought so for a very long time, but sadly this casts
a shadow over my interpretation of their work.  Hopefully, someone there
clarifies and we can go on knowing they're one of the (few) good guys.

scott