PeerinDB refuses to register certain networks [was: Setting sensible max-prefix limits]

Sabri Berisha sabri at cluecentral.net
Wed Aug 18 21:50:36 UTC 2021

----- On Aug 18, 2021, at 2:21 PM, Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net wrote:

Hi,

> On Aug 18, 2021, at 5:00 PM, Matthew Walster <matthew at walster.org> wrote:
>> On Wed, 18 Aug 2021, 21:37 Sabri Berisha, <sabri at cluecentral.net> wrote:
>> ----- On Aug 18, 2021, at 2:46 AM, Steve Lalonde steve at enta.net wrote:
>>
>> Hi,

>>> You are aware that PeerinDB refuses to register certain networks, right? It is
>>> most certainly not a single source of truth.
>>>
>> Would you care to expand on this?
>
> I am extremely interested in hearing about this as well.
>
> Specific examples would be useful.

Of course! Including headers to show authenticity. I was very amused by the
explanation of the "chicken and egg" problem. Who's creating that? The networks
who refuse to peer with non-peeringdb registered ASNs, or peeringdb who won't
recognize ASNs that are not peering with anyone because nobody wants to peer
with them because they are not registered in peeringdb because nobody wants to
peer with them? You get the idea.

Thanks,

Sabri
AS31064