BGP Community - AS0 is de-facto "no-export-to" marker - Any ASN reserved to "export-only-to"?'

Robert Raszuk robert at raszuk.net
Tue Sep 8 16:41:05 UTC 2020

Mark,

> The standard already exists... "NO_EXPORT".

I don't think this is the ask here.

Today NO_EXPORT takes no parameters. I think it would be of benefit to all
to be able to signal NO_EXPORT TO ASN_X in a common (std) way across all of
my peers connected to ASN_X. Moreover policy on all vendors could
understand it too without you worrying to match YOUR_STRING and translate
into some local policy.

That is by no means taking away anything you have at your fingertips .. it
just adds an option to talk common policy language.

Cheers,
R.