Centurylink having a bad morning?

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.com
Sat Sep 5 10:26:21 UTC 2020

On 4/Sep/20 23:41, Tomas Lynch wrote:

> Oh, yes! Let's not start another "what's a tier one" war!

Oh no, let's :-).

We get over here in Africa as well. Local operators either calling
themselves Tier 1, or being called a Tier 1. Nonsensical.

Years back, our Marketing team asked me to comment on the use of "Tier"
for our literature. You can probably imagine what I said :-).

For me, it's simple - you are present in X cities or Y cities. Tier is
useless because the Internet does not come from a single country or a
single operator. And saying a network is "big" or "small" is subjective
to everyone's perspective, so that doesn't help either.

So you're present here, and present there. That's it.

It's 2020 :-).

Mark.