Linux router network cards

Jared Geiger jared at compuwizz.net
Sun Oct 25 16:05:50 UTC 2020

Not true, Intel Xeon E5 v3/4 have many more lanes than that. For example,
this one has 40
https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/91754/intel-xeon-processor-e5-2680-v4-35m-cache-2-40-ghz.html

Put two in the system and thats 80 lanes of PCIe Gen3.

Even newer procs in the bronze/silver/gold/platinum lineup have more lanes.