Cable Company Hotspots

Steven Shalita sshali at pluribusnetworks.com
Mon Nov 23 15:01:53 UTC 2020

With Comcast, the subscriber can disable the public WiFi hotspot gateway
through their on-line portal (at least when I had a comcast gateway you
could do this). Of course when you go to a customer-provided cable modem
and/or CPE WiFi AP the hotspot no longer exists as the MSO no longer
controls the prem device.