Cable Company Hotspots

Harry McGregor hmcgregor at biggeeks.org
Sat Nov 21 00:35:58 UTC 2020

Hi,

Cable Cos do this in several ways.

Enabled hot spot on the cable provider cpe with separate ssid, sometimes the same channel sometimes dedicated radio and channel (I prefer the same channel as many areas have way too much noise).  This hotspot service is using it's own docsis channels and generally a tunnel.

Also many are installing wire or poll mounted access points for outdoor coverage.  These are not using anything at a customer location.

Harry